You can use this simple resume format sample, whether you are a CEO, dentist, teacher, engineer or nurse. Also you can use this for all other professions.
Simple resume format
A brief statement describing you, your experience and strengths.
- Start with your present / last employer
- List of all employment 10 to 15 years. Focus on the relevant experience
- List the name of the Company. Also the location.
- A brief description of the company.
- Your title. Or titles if you had more than one title.
- Dates of employment
- Do not include your salary expectations in your simple resume
- Use strong action verbs, such as managed and initiated
- Include cost savings, such as % and $
- Repeat the above for each position in the simple resume format.
- Name of University or College. Also the location
- University Degree or College Diploma
- Graduation date
Certification and Training
Under this section of your simple resume format, include:
- Any relevant skills not listed under professional experience
- All courses, workshops and seminars
- All relevant computer skills
- List any certification including training
- Foreign Languages. Only list if this would be an asset.
- Very few simple resume formats include this section.
- Do not list your personal details, such as age or marital status. Unless asked to do so.
- Don’t list anything that does not apply to the job that you are applying for. Also, do not include hobbies.
This section of the simple resume format is optional. Depending on the requirements of the job that you are applying to.
In this section, list memberships
- Contact your referees and prepare a list to give to the employer when asked.
- Include references available upon request. Some list the references in the simple resume format. But I don’t recommend doing so. Unless you are asked to do so.
Resume Writing Tips
- Don’t include salary expectations in your resume.
- Use bullet points instead of paragraphs, to make your resume easier to read.
- Proofread your resume. Correct all spelling and grammar mistakes.