Jobmq’s Privacy Commitment Overview
Jobmq is committed to protecting the privacy of our users, and strives to provide a safe, secure user experience. This Privacy Statement sets forth the online data collection and usage policies and practices that apply to this web site. The following statement explains Jobmq’s commitment to managing your personal information and sets out how and when personal information is collected, used shared and secured as well as your choices regarding use, access, and correction of your personal information. This Privacy Commitment only applies to data gathered on the jobmq.com web site (the “Web Site” or “site”), and does not apply to any other information or web site.
You may revoke your consent to this policy. To revoke your consent, please contact us at email@example.com. If you revoke your consent, your account and profile information will be removed from our website.
Scope of this Policy
This policy applies to www.jobmq.com. (the “Site” or “Web Site”), which is operated and owned by Allelife Consulting LLC. It is Jobmq’s policy to comply with data protection legislation. This policy shall also apply to the WAP, i.e. mobile version of the Site, and other mobile applications in which the Site operate
Information We Collect and Retain
We collect information about you when you use our sites and applications. We receive and store this information when you enter it on our website, send it to us, or provide it to us in any other way.
We collect information when you choose to give it to us. This includes:
- Your contact information like name, email address, postal address, and phone number
- Your resume including job experience
- The information use to apply to jobs on Jobmq
- Information imported by you from third party applications;
- Information you provide to us when you contact Jobmq
- Your race, ethnicity, or gender, if you choose to provide it. Some employers are required by law to collect this information on a voluntary basis;
- Information about your business, such as company name, size, and business type.
You can correct or remove this information by accessing your account settings. We also collect information from you in the following ways:
Single Sign-on: If you choose to sign in to Jobmq with Facebook or similar services, we import the requested information from your account and we make it part of your profile.
Referrals: We may collect from you personal information about others. For instance, if you choose to use our service to share site content with a friend, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the site. We temporarily store this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email.
We do not collect sensitive personal data or information of users like password of your e mail account; password of your Jobmq account (as it automatically get saved in the Jobmq server when you create an account or register with Jobmq and not authorized by Jobmq for access unless desired under any legal obligation); financial information such as Bank Account details or Credit Card or Debit Card or other payment related details; physical and mental or other health conditions or medical records and history; Biometric information such as finger prints, voice & facial patterns and DNA any other sensitive information which is confidential or sensitive by its nature. We do not store information of users like password of your e mail account. The password of your Jobmq account automatically get saved in the Jobmq server when you create an account or register with Jobmq and not authorized by Jobmq for access unless desired under any legal obligation.
If you choose to login with Facebook or similar sites, we import the information that you choose to share with us by installing the application or logging into that platform or site, and we make it part of your profile. Because Jobmq sites and applications are intended to allow you to share your information and to allow others to find you, we make certain information about you publicly available by default. Such information may, for example, be accessed by everyone on the Internet, including users without accounts, and may appear in public search engine search results. However, you can control the visibility of your information by managing your privacy settings. You can also restrict the information available to others by deleting information you do not want visible or by not providing it at all.
Information automatically collected about you when you use Jobmq website
We gather certain information automatically when you visit our site or use our mobile applications. This information includes:
- Your activity on Jobmq, including the jobs you search for, view, and apply to
- Your internet protocol (IP) address and internet service provider (ISP)
- Your browser type and device ID
- the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.)
- operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data
This data is collected about you automatically and is processed for Jobmq’s legitimate interest. We combine this information with personal data to help detect and prevent fraud. We also combine this data with your profile and resume data to return the best job search results to you.
How Information is used
We use the information we gather on the web site for the purposes of:
- providing our services,
- responding to any queries you may have,
- operating and improving the web site,
- fostering a positive user experience, and
- delivering the products and services that we offer to jobseekers and employers.
We use information with your consent as described at the time we collect that consent. This includes your account creation, resume upload at Jobmq website
We use personal data for our legitimate interests, namely:
- To operate Jobmq services;
- To contact and communicate with you when you contact us;
- To analyze, improve and optimize Jobmq services; and
- To protect Jobmq Services and the rights of users and others
- To enforce terms of Jobmq’s services and prevent fraud and abuse of Jobmq systems
By registering with Jobmq, by managing your profile, by publicly posting information, or by opting in when presented with choices, you have consented for us to use your information in the following ways:
To provide you with our services, which includes
- To create a Jobmq account for you, including any resume you create or upload
- To enable you to search for jobs and share them with others
- To enable you to apply for jobs
- to help potential employers find your resume and contact you;
- to make purchases;
- to enable you to contact us and for us to respond to you;
- to display targeted recruitment messages from employers;
- To contact you with service-related communications and security updates
- to provide information about you and your interest in job postings to employers;
- to provide products and services to employer customers to complete the recruitment and hiring process;
- to provide personalized, targeted, or location-based content, services, and advertising from us and third parties;
- to send you job alerts, newsletters, career advice, or other marketing communications you have opted in to receive;
- to inform you of other products or services available from Jobmq or its affiliates;
- to conduct surveys, promotions and contests, and to publish the results thereof;
To improve our services
- to give search engines access to public information;
- to conduct analytics and generate internal reports about the use of our sites and applications;
- to track which jobs you search for, view, and apply to
For security and fraud prevention
- to detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal; and
- to make suggestions and draw inferences about you. For example, we may make suggestions about people you may know or additional jobs, products or services that might be of interest to you. Or, if you identify yourself as “Ms.” Or “Mrs.” we will assume you are female.
Some of our products and services, such as our resume and profile database and social media search, enable third parties to see your personal information and to contact you.
Information you post in public areas of the site or place in the searchable resume database will be accessed, used, and stored by others around the world, including those in countries that might not have legislation that guarantees adequate protection of personal information as defined by your country of residence. While Jobmq takes measures to safeguard your information from unauthorized access or inappropriate use, Jobmq does not control these third parties and we are not responsible for their use of information you provide to us. Accordingly, you should ensure that you do not post sensitive information, including personality profiles, to any Jobmq Site or any other information you would not want made public, to any Jobmw Site or application or to a public website.
Our services include the display of personalized products, content, and advertising relating to your career experience and interests. We use data we have about you to determine whether you might be interested in the opportunities, products or services of a particular third party. We show you targeted ads on our sites or other sites with which we have a business relationship. These ads are targeted based on information we collect about you and information about you we acquire from third parties.
Information about all Jobmq Visitors
We gather information about all of our users collectively, such as what areas users visit most frequently and what services users access the most. We only use such data anonymously and in the aggregate. This information helps us determine what is most beneficial for our users, and how we can continually create a better overall experience for you. We may share this information with our partners, but only in the aggregate, so that they too may understand how Jobmq visitors use our Web Site, and also create a better overall experience for you. We do not disclose information about your individual visits to Jobmq to any outside parties, except when to the extent necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, rules or regulations or in legal proceedings when such information is relevant.
Information about you specifically
Jobmq is a career site; we retain your personal information to assist in your career performance or management including finding or retaining work; or to facilitate other services to or by us.
For example, when you sign up to use a service, enter into a contest, or purchase a product, we collect more specific personal information about you, such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, qualifications or career history.
If you choose to do so we may also retain sensitive information about you such as information about your membership in a professional or trade association or trade union.
We may also ask you for other information, such as information on your interests, your likes and dislikes regarding the Web Site, the types of jobs you are interested in, etc., in an effort to deliver to you the best possible Web Site experience. When you grant us your permission, we will communicate with you regularly with tips, advice and survey information on using the Jobmq Web Site to maximize your career development. Jobmq also provides you with the opportunity to opt-out of these types of communications. If you choose to receive these types of communications at the time of registration, but later decide you no longer want to receive them, simply log in to your Jobmq account and edit your account profile.
If you input your information on a co-branded registration page, such as that of a Jobmq and partner company-sponsored contest, then your information will be collected, used and becomes the property of both Jobmq and the partner co-sponsoring the contest. In that instance, Jobmq is not responsible for the information that the partner company receives or how it is used.
If you do not provide us with the information sought in the required fields Jobmq may be limited in its ability to provide you with services.
Use and Disclosure of the Information we collect
We provide you with a platform to broadcast information about yourself to maximize your career opportunities. The information we gather may be shared with the following categories of third parties:
- The Jobmq group of companies on a worldwide basis;
- Employers, when you make your resume searchable or apply to a job;
- Other companies hired to provide services on Jobmq’s behalf;
- Other third parties where required by law;
- Other third parties when you give your consent to such sharing such as for Jobmq resume services / Jobmq Career services;
By applying to a job, providing your contact information to show interest in a job, or by replying to a message from an employer, you consent to the disclosure of your information to that employer and to be contacted by such employer for employment related purposes.
We use the information we gather on the Web Site, whether personal, demographic, collective or technical, for the purposes of operating and improving the Web Site, fostering a positive user experience, and delivering the products and services that we offer.
If you have provided consent for us to do so, we may also use the information we gather to inform you of other products or services available from us or our affiliated companies or to contact you about your opinion of current products and services or potential new products and services that may be offered and we may use your contact information in order to send you e-mail or other communications regarding updates at the Web Site to contact you about your opinion of current products and services or potential new products and services that may be offered and we may also provide additional communications, promotions and information on new Jobmq opportunities, and additional job postings which may be of interest to you. The nature and frequency of these messages will vary depending upon the information we have about you.
In addition, at the time of creation of your account, you have the option to elect or not elect to receive additional communications, information and promotions, including without limitation, free informational newsletters from us relating to topics that may be of special interest to you, such as career management advice which option you may change on login to your account privacy settings.
We do not share contact information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes without your consent unless you affirmatively agree to such disclosure. We also share information in the following ways
- We share your information to employers who have posted job opportunities that may be of interest to you on the Web Site when you apply for those jobs.
- We share your information with our service providers, which are third parties who help us in the delivery of our own products and services to you. Examples include hosting our web servers, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. These service providers will have access to your personal information as necessary to perform their functions, but they may not use that data for any other purpose. We will remain responsible for any information shared in this way.
- We may disclose such information to third parties if you consent to such disclosure. For example, if you make your resume searchable, then all parties with access to our searchable resume database (or copies thereof) will have access to your resume. If you indicate by configuring your profile that you would like to receive information about the opportunities, products or services of third parties, we supply your contact information to select third parties such as employers, recruiters, data aggregators, marketers or others for the purpose of sending you e-mail or otherwise communicating with you. We use data we have about you (such as the interests and preferences you have expressed) to determine whether you might be interested in the opportunities, products or services of a particular third party. For example, if you indicate that you would like to receive information about the opportunities, products or services of third parties at the time you register for a Jobmq account, we supply your contact information to third parties such as employers, recruiters, data aggregators, marketers or others for the purpose of sending you e-mail or otherwise communicating with you.
- We also share aggregated information (including location data) about visitors to the Jobmq Sites with Jobmq’s clients, partners, other Site visitors, and other third parties so that they can understand the kinds of visitors to the Sites and how those visitors use the Sites in order to serve advertisements to you on our Sites or other sites with which we have a business relationship. We may also aggregate on an anonymous basis data regarding job qualifications, schooling, age, experience level or other information relevant to the job search or competition among job seekers for any such job. Such aggregated data does not identify users individually, and may be made available to employers or fellow job seekers or community members. We disclose information to companies and individuals we employ to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include hosting our web servers, data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. These companies and individuals will have access to your personal information as may necessary to perform their functions, but they may not share that information with any other third party.
- We supply technology, hosting, hiring management and related services to other leading companies to power recruitment areas on their Web sites (sometimes referred to as “Hosted Career Sites”). Personal and/or demographic information supplied by you in Hosted Career Sites becomes part of the Jobmq database, but it is not accessible by anyone other than you, Jobmq, and the company concerned without your consent. If you attempt to register with Jobmq after registering with a Hosted Career Site, Jobmq will recognize your information and you will be able to use the information you provided to the Hosted Career Site in your account registration.
We may disclose to third parties information that we have collected from other websites.
- We disclose information if legally required to do so, or at our discretion pursuant to a request from a governmental entity or if we believe in good faith after considering your privacy interests and other factors that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process; (b) protect our rights or property or our affiliated companies; (c) prevent a crime or protect national security; or (d) protect the personal safety of users or the public.
- We may disclose and transfer such information to a third party who acquires any or all of Jobmq’s business units, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation or purchase of all or a substantial portion of our assets. In addition, in the event Jobmq becomes the subject of an insolvency proceeding, whether voluntary or involuntary, Jobmq or its liquidator, administrator, receiver or administrative receiver may sell, license or otherwise dispose of such information in a transaction approved by the court. You will be notified of the sale of all or a substantial portion of our business to a third party by email or through a prominent notice posted on the Sites.
Policy For Private Resume Database Hosting
Jobmq provides a variety of services to its customers related to hosting private databases, and the use of certain Jobmq applications in connection with such databases. These Hosted Databases are hosted by Jobmq, but Jobmq does not own the data in the Hosted Databases or submitted to our applications. These Hosted Databases may contain personal information about individuals, including candidates for employment and existing employees of our customers. Such data may include contact details, work history, educational history, work preferences, and other data, depending on the particular customer and application at issue, and, in some instances, may include personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”).
Jobmq provides hosting space to the customers who own these Databases and utilize our applications on such data, and Jobmq therefore conduct its activities strictly in accordance with the customer instructions and pursuant to Jobmq’s contractual arrangements with them. Jobmq’s customers act as data controllers with respect to all such Hosted Databases. The data in such databases, including any such data submitted to our applications, is subject to the customer’s privacy policies. If you are a candidate for employment with one of our customers, you should refer to the customer’s Terms & conditions / Privacy page on their career site to understand the terms and privacy practices that apply to your data. Moreover, if you would like to access and review your Personal Information, you should contact our customer with any such requests. We will cooperate as appropriate with requests from our customers to assist with such responses.
Jobmq is not responsible for its customer’s privacy policies or practices.
Posting Your Information to Public Areas of Jobmq
Please remember that if you post any of your personal information in public areas of Jobmq, such as in online forums, public profiles, chat rooms, or in the searchable resume database, such information may be collected and used by others.
Updating Account Information
We wish to ensure your personal information is complete, accurate and up to date. Jobmq allows you to change or correct your personal information at any time. To do so, simply log into your Jobmq account, and you will find options for editing the information you have submitted.
Access to and Storage of Your Personal Information
Data Retention: Because managing your career is a life-long process, we retain all the information we gather about you in an effort to make repeat use of our sites more efficient, practical and relevant until you change or remove your personal information as described below. We may retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Access to your Personal Data: You can gain access to the personal information you have provided by visiting our Web Site. To do so, login to your account, go to your resume or profile, and make the desired changes. Upon request Jobmq will provide you with access to information we hold about you. You may access, update, or delete your resume or profile at any time. If you need assistance to log in you can contact us by calling or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not have an account, or if you believe that someone else has provided us with your contact information, please contact us emailing email@example.com
You also have the rights to data portability and to request that Jobmq restrict processing data about you.
Access to, or correction, update, or deletion of your personal information may be denied or limited by Jobmq if it would violate another person’s rights and/or as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
You can delete your resume from Jobmq’s online database, close your account at any time in which event we will remove all our copies of your resume and your account information from the Web Site.
If you are buying a product from Jobmq via the Web Site, your personal details and credit card information are scrambled using Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) encryption technology before being sent over the Internet. SSL makes it very difficult for your information to be stolen or intercepted while being transferred. However, we cannot guarantee encryption or the privacy of your personal details and credit card information. When we receive your order, it is kept encrypted until we are ready to process it. We will take reasonable steps to keep the information you provide us with secure.
You are responsible for ensuring that your log-in credentials (your username and password) are kept confidential.
Jobmq has implemented technical and organizational measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure. Notwithstanding such measures, the Internet is an open system and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat those measures or use your personal information for improper purposes. Moreover, one of our primary purposes is to provide you with a platform to broadcast the information in your resume and profile widely in order to maximize your career opportunities. Such an environment does present a risk that unauthorized third parties will view this data, so you should refer to our Security Center for additional information on conducting a safe job search. Further, your resume should not contain any sensitive data that you would not want made public. You should be aware that resumes may be monitored by your current employer.
We do not specifically collect information about children. We believe that children should get their parent’s consent before giving out personal information. If you are concerned about your child’s use of Jobmq, we encourage you to use Web filtering technology to supervise your child’s access to the Web Site. We also encourage you to participate in your child’s experience with Jobmq. With a little guidance, the Web Site can prove very useful in finding a part time or summer job for your child, as well as providing them with excellent career counselling information.
Changes to Privacy Statement
If we decide to materially change the substance of this Privacy Statement, we will, where required, contact you via the email address that you maintain in your profile. We will also post those changes through a prominent notice on the web site so that you will always know what information we gather, how we might use that information, and to whom we will disclose it.
Thank you for using Jobmq. We are committed to providing you with the best tools and advice to help you get ahead in your career. We welcome your feedback and suggestions. Please contact us by calling or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Legal and Contact Information
If, at any time, you have questions or concerns about this Privacy Statement or believe that we have not adhered to this Privacy Statement, please feel free to contact us online at email@example.com
Cookies and Online Advertising
We use the following types of cookies:
- Security: These cookies allow us to secure access to your account.
- Preference: These cookies are used to store your preferences like language choice and display of job search results.
- Analytics: We track traffic patterns so we can identify popular content and potential problems.
- Advertising: We use non-identifiable information about you to show you advertising on Jobmq and third party sites.
Some cookies will remain on your computer after you have left our site. Security cookies will remain for 30 days after your last visit, Jobmq cookies relating to advertisements and site notices will remain for some days or unless you choose to delete them.
We also allow other companies to display advertisements to you while you are using our sites and applications. When this happens, these companies can set their own cookies, just as if you had requested a web page from their site. The cookies placed by these third parties could remain on your computer after you have left our site for somedays unless you choose to delete them.
Jobmq also uses “Flash cookies”, also known as “Local Shared Objects”, to preserve video player settings and for security purposes. You can adjust your settings for your Flash cookies.
Jobmq Web pages and the Web pages of our partners also utilize electronic images known as Web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs, clear gifs or action tags) that allow us to collect certain information about user visits to these Web pages (including the number of users who have visited those pages), measure and improve the effectiveness of advertisements and job postings, and deliver co-branded services. Web beacons are not used to access your personally identifiable information; they are a technique used to compile aggregated statistics about web site usage. Web beacons collect only a limited set of information including a cookie number, time and date of page view and a description of the page on which the Web beacon resides. This information may be shared with third party processors for processing on behalf of Jobmq, as well as with clients, partners, and other third parties so that they can understand the kinds of visitors to the Web pages, how those visitors use those Web Pages, and the effectiveness of their advertisements and job postings.
Because Web beacons are the same as any other content request included in the recipe page, you cannot opt out or refuse them. However, they can be rendered ineffective by either opting out of cookies or changing the cookie setup in your browser.
Thank you for using Jobmq.
Update effective: May 2019,